Wednesday 7 May 2008

The evening draws near...:)

I hate days that have surprises that just dont need to happen. First when I got back online after I cleverly dropped the router, I find it has been left with some kind of after effect disabilities, it drops me offline now and again, and strangely enough it seems to happen just as i'm about to hit 'send' 'save' or something equally imperative to what i'm doing!
Then I find that I have got matt paint instead of silk, so off I trot (not literally, I used my car!) to Focus to change it for the correct one, got there and found I had left the receipt at home. So feeling pretty ticked off I went home promising myself that i'm NOT going back and the darned painting can wait!
I failed.
I went back and got the right paint!
The up side is I got to listen to some fantastic and funny talks on my ipod from President Monson and Dallin H Oakes, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those people! Feeling all happy and lively again I cruised home in my lil mini merc (which translates to the economical Peugot 206!) smiling and giggling at their humour, lump in my throat at their spiritual experiences and a skip in my heart as I feel the spirit tell me that what i'm hearing is true. All in all i'm happy. Good right?
Got home to find that the housing association had planned on some workers to do the facia boards and pipes today. I had no idea. Not a problem but they were parked right outside my house and that is a crime! I was good though, I didn't do my usual and give it lip service, I simply asked nicely if they'd let ME park outside MY house, the nice man moved his hefty truck and obliged this wobbling lil chick that probably looked like she was going to explode! :) Two cups of tea later and they stopped giving me the funny looks! :)
The day plodded on from there till I made a call. Then my mouth took off and my heart took a nose dive! One thing I hate is being gobbed off at when that person dont know what I'm talking about cos i'm speaking to someone else! I also dont take kindly to having things taken out of me for what others do, by all means have a rant, scream, shout but taking it out of me is just not on, especially by someone over half my age! Gosh my kids dont talk to me like that!! So I got mad and retaliated, putting the phone down I felt gutted. I feel betrayed and like I am being lied to and that hurts. But such is life, i'm sure it will all sort itself out in time.
If that wasn't enough I picked up the remote control to put the tv on for Charley and the flippin workmen have knocked the dish so Sky has to send someone out to sort it out, apparently I have to pay, so I promtly got on the phone to the housing association, asked what their policy is in such situations and before I had chance to tell them what I was going to do they said 'send me the invoice they send you and we'll take care of it'. Job done. Almost.
I planned on going for a bike ride with Kirsten tonight, after Charley went to bed, but even that was against me when I found my tires were flat cos since I had this new bike last year I haven't used it! And no, I dont have a bike pump! Well I do, just not the right connector end. (its one of those fancy condoodle fidgety faffle things that is only recognisablea s a pump by the fact you push it up and down!!!).
The final part to this whole sorry state of a day is we ran out of paint for the last part of the wall. Now how on earth does that work? I mean, its not like they do tester pots in matt AND silk is it?!! Doh (Only matt for those of you that dont know!! hehe) So I gotta buy 2.5L paint for about a cup full! I am not a happy bunny I can tell ya! In fact I feel like sitting down and crying my lil heart out right now.
But i'll be a big brave girl and go play with the big girls over on uks...lets see if I can't get into bother there too!! :(
At least I know i'm human if I can have a good rant and blog about it! :)
Oh, conversation in the car with Charley:

Charley: moooom?
Me: yes son
Charley: where's your friend?
Me: I don't know
Charley: your friend disappeared (referring to Sonia who came round yesterday)
Me: yeah I seem to do that
Charley: uh oh, we need to go backwards and find her!!
Me: we do huh?
Charley: yeah, cos you gotta keep him mummy! (note the her to him?!!!)

Oh how I giggled at his imagination and his use of a big word 'disappeared'!! Clever boy!

Ok, uks here I come!

Debs

No comments: